Thursday, February 23, 2012

Salmon & Avocado

So I was really craving this dish or something similar to this.  Last year when I was in Japan I went to an Izakaya where you would order multiple small dishes to share with friends and hang out.  Well my Japanese friend ordered this salmon avocado dish that was super yummy and I was totally craving it!  So yesterday I picked up some avocado and salmon and made it!  

-Salmon (medium rare)
-Ripe avocado (chopped up in cubes)
-Yellow Onions (sliced thinly)
-Tomatoes (cubed)
-Salt to taste, lime/lemon to taste, chilli pepper flakes to taste
-Optional leaf lettuce

Fact I learned today:  An avocado is about 200+ calories!

You can either eat it with a spoon/ chopsticks, use it as DIP, or like me wrap it with lettuces!  This dish was prefect after a work out and was both refreshing and satisfying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment